Friday 5 April 2013

MEET KOREDE WEALTH-OBASAN NOLLYWOOD FAST RISING ACTOR/PRODUCER

I caught up with him yesterday and he has these to say..............sit back, relax, cross your leg and let's enjoy together!!!
Q: i am ope careem, a Nigerian blogger, can i meet you?
R: hi Korede Wealth sir (lol), i am from Ijebu, Ogun State, Nigeria. Growing up was fun. I went to Mayflower junior school, Ikenne in Ogun State.
I proceeded to Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye where i got my degrees in Accounting and Theatre arts.
Q: two degrees at the same time? how manage?
R: yes, one was full time while the other one was part time, buh rily i must confess it wasn't easy, but i scaled through!
Q: korede, presently you are in the united states, are you there for Academic purpose or something else?
R: i am here for academic purpose, presently i am in Newyork University studying PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND FILM MAKING.
Q: waoh what a huge success on your part.
R: thanks.
Q: so nollywood.......hmmmmm, the journey ?
R: the journey has been sweet with God by my side.
Q: how did it all start, did you know you stumble on it or you knew you were gonna act?
R: i went for theatre arts in school so i knew i was gonna start someday. i started in 2008 with a movie by Dipo Olajide (Ibudoko) and after i featured in Opeyemi Aiyeola's movie 'Agbeko', then i shot my very first movie in same 2008, MOWA.
Q: waoh! that was so close.
R: yea, so close. i am just a baby in the industry. buh you know we all have been acting in church from childhood (lols).
Q: speaking about your first movie, MOWA how was your experience?
R: it was good, just that i was extra exited. " like wow! it's my movie, i am the producer".......it was great but stressful though.
Q: apart from MOWA, what other movies have you featured in and produced?
R: hmmmmm, i have featured in so many, i can't even remember. But i produced mowa in 2008, ofin l'aafin in 2009 June, Sisi mi, 2009 Dec, Keregbe t'ofo in july, 2010, Ikukoyi in 2010, Dec and Arole are in July, 2011. Ifeatured in Mulika nkako (my most challenging role).
Q:who is your best cast in your own produced movie?
R: i love everyone. plus i am not perfect either.
Q: which of your movies brought you to limelite?
R: Ofin l'aafin and Keregbe t'ofo. But now, Arole Are and Mulika Nkako are really spreading the news...........lol, thanks to the producer of Mulika nkako (Rosanah Olowu).
Q: how come you act, sing, produce, dance, write and direct at the same time?
R: all na God oooo, all him alone be the glory, i thank him for that.
Q: who is or are your rolemodel(s)?
R: every good actors are my rolemodels.
Q: what is your definition of acting?
R: to me, acting is LIFE!
Q; the rate at which indecent movies are produced in nollywood now is becoming alarming, what is your take on this issue of nudity in the industry?
R:that;s what the audience want....so we need to give it to them but trust me PG18****
Q: what is yor\ur opinion about the newly released GAY MOVIE in nollywood Pregnant Hawkers?
R:well, i wouldn't know i am into yoruba films.
Q: but all na nollywood abi?
R: all i know is that he must have his own reason for shooting such a movie.
Q: so, let's go a lil bit private, when is your birthday, your best colour, your best food,your best vacation spot?
R: hmmmmm, my bday is July 31st, my best food is rice and plantain, i love blue, my best vacation spot is ocean city in Maryland. but planning to visit Atlantic city someday.
Q: relationship status?
R: i am single and searching****wink*
Q: what do you look out for in a woman?
R: well, my kind of woman must be God fearing, focused, ambitious and patient.
Q: what do you want to be known for?
R; i want to be known for my kind of movies/ my style of stories .
Q:  how is life in the USA?
R: my dear, USA is good oooo, but naija is the best, no place like home, i am proud to be a Nigerian.
Q: any message for your fans?
R: my fans, i love you, keep supporting me and i promise i won't let you down.
Q: your favourite quote?
R: with God all things are possible!
Q: for people that want to act, or your fans, how can they reach you?
R: they can reach me on my mobile number: 08056284399, plus my facebook page and twitter handle @koredewealth.
Q: what would you advice upcoming actors?
R: if you dream it, you can do it, aim and you willget it.
Q: waoh, it's been an amazing time chatting with you all the way from the STATES, thank you for your time, hope to see more of you. from all OCB readers, we love you korede wealth.
R: thank you, it is a priviledge. love you too. aurovoir!

Waoh hope you enjoy the convo, @opecareem's blog, we bring you gist from the horses mouth****awa naa ko, olorun ni. Feel free to drop ypur comments and questions.
 

5 comments:

  1. In short you are making progress. Millions of eyes will watch u, millings of ear will listens to ur voice. Soon,in Jesus name. But never forsake God. Miss u blood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolsssss ooooshhhhhheeeeeyyyy jareeeeee oreeee miiii tans u......olenu same goes to u tooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ope kai I don miss dis korede guy o, no wonder I no too dey see him for movie....wish him success.....who is his GF?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant wait to graduate next year and start workin with u korede......i have choosen u as my role model and my prayers for u is dat God sud makee u more bigger IJN.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for surfing, please drop your comments.