Sunday 28 July 2013

Why I, sometimes, throw caution to the winds —Bimbo Oshin

bimbola Oshin Ibironke, a graduate of Philosophy from the University of Lagos, is one of the leading actresses in Nollywood. In an interview with TAYO GESINDE, the pretty wife of Dudu Heritage boss, Ola Ibironke, speaks on her love for cooking and her fashion preferences. Excerpts:
Growing up.
I am from a large family, the seventh of eight children, so I have a lot of older ones. I was born in Ondo State which is where I am from. My late father, Pa Theophilus Olasanmi Oshin was an educationist and a disciplinarian and my mother, Ibijoke Oshin was very industrious. Growing up was fun! Really, it was. It was always a full house and loads of activities at every point in time.
Foray into acting
Well, naturally, I have flair for the arts, so, acting came naturally to me. I sing too. I started acting while I was in the university and on obtaining my degree in Philosophy from Unilag, I decided to go into it as a profession. I see acting as an opportunity for me to express myself and play different characters and pass a message to people.
Description of self.
I will describe myself as a devoted wife and mother, someone who is passionate about her family as well as her work. A woman who loves God. Also, I am a faithful friend and a lover of all beautiful things.
Definition of style.
As I always say, style surpasses trend. I believe style is a personal expression. It is something that is unique and is just you.
Beauty regimen.
Oh well! I always advise on four simple steps. They are: cleanse; exfoliate; tone and moisturise. It is that simple.
Choice of accessories.
Well, that would really depend on the outfit am wearing and the look I want to achieve but generally, I prefer bold accessories that can make a statement and make my outfit come alive because really, it is the accessories that make the outfit. It is not just about wearing a black strapless dress but complementing it with the right jewellery, belt, purse and shoes. It has to make the outfit pop up and come alive.
Accessory I cannot do without.
That would be a pair of sunglasses.
Secret of beauty.
That would definitely be my creator, God , for creating me the way I am. Ialso take proper care of myself and my body, what I eat and all other things I do to maintain the way I'm naturally made.
Diet or exercise.
I won't say I have a strict diet. Basically, I just watch what I eat. Some items may be tempting but I know when to stop. I must confess that there are times when I throw caution to the winds and indulge but then, I know I will have to work it all off. I do exercise too because I try as much as possible to stay fit.
Special treat.
I have everything, from facials, full body massage, manicure and pedicureto steam bath. I just take a day off. No phone calls and I just enjoy being take care of. I try to do it as often as possible. Asides from my special days off, I relax at home just chilling with my family, reading novels, watching movies and cooking. Did I say I love to cook? Yeah! I love cooking but I don't like washing dirty dishes. of.:cleanse; exfoliate; tone and moisturise. It is that simple.
Choice of accessories.
Well, that would really depend on the outfit am wearing and the look I want to achieve but generally, I prefer bold accessories that can make a statement and make my outfit come alive because really, it is the accessories that make the outfit. It is not just about wearing a black strapless dress then, complementing it with the right jewellery, belt, purse and shoes. It has to make the outfit pop up and come alive.
Accessory I cannot do without.
That would be a pair of sunglasses.
Secret of beauty.
That would definitely be my creator, God, for creating me the way I am. I also take proper care of myself and my body, what I eat and all other things I do to maintain the way I'm naturally made.
Diet or exercise.
I won't say I have a strict diet. Basically, I just watch what I eat. Some items may be tempting but I know when to stop. I must confess that there are times when I throw caution to the winds and indulge but then, I know I will have to work it all off. I do exercise too because I try as much as possible to stay fit .
Special treat.
I have everything from facials, full body massage,manicure and pedicure to steam bath. I just take a day off. No phone calls and I just enjoy being taken care of. I try to do it as often as possible. Asides from my special days off, I relax at home just chilling with my family, reading novels, watching movies and cooking. Did I say I love to cook? Yeah! I love cooking but I don't like washing dirty dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for surfing, please drop your comments.