Wednesday 12 June 2013

Review Of 2face Idibia’s “My Rainbow” Video 2baba

In all my single days on earth, never have I heard a song that makes me want to fall in love so much. Love and all its wahala, I know right. I heard the song “Rainbow” for the first time on a radio station on a night when all I wanted to do was drink red wine and hug the bottle tight imagining I was hugging the boo which I don’t even have to start with.
A rainbow isn’t something you wake up to see on a normal day. It’s a once-in-a-while view which you seek to find after a stormy weather. The beautiful rich colors placed side-by-side in the sky, out of reach but in full view to those who care to look up to admire the colors somewhere in the sky positioned for a moment and in a blink of an eye; gone!
I cannot help but say this “2Face and Annie Idibia – Naija’s Best Soap Opera”. Pardon me if I sound a little bit nosy but you cannot deny that we haven’t followed the on and off romance between 2face and Annie which didn’t start today (E don tey).
From the controversies that seemed to spiral out one after the other to the rumors, unexpected valentine proposal and to the out-of-this-world wedding (I wasn’t there but I believe it would have felt that way).
Thanks to a friend of mine who gave me the link to download the video which I was itching to see. Everyone I knew who had watched the video suddenly had this lovey-dovey vibe and curiosity wouldn’t kill me to find out what exactly they saw in the video.
And then I watched the video, and wished I had been there, present at the traditional wedding and white wedding to witness such a beautiful day in the lives of these two. To be honest, I became jealous (*sniff*which is normal since I watch such events only on TV).
Apparently, a random girl like me was seated in a Cab watching the video on her i-phone. With the exclamations on her face, I’m pretty sure she wished at that moment that she was in Annie’s shoes. The video started out with clips showing us the traditional wedding day – the bride, groom, little brides, friends of the groom, friends of the brides, etc. all colorfully adorned in pieces of pricey sewn outfits from customized caps, shoes, accessories and makeup.
Tuface looked extremely happy as he uttered the words to a reporter (whoever held the camera) “I’m sure about what I want to do today and I love who I’m going to do it with”. The smile on his face would give Trey Songs a run for his money (Believe me). Annie cheered her hubby as he fooled around mimicking the Efik dancers who were busy doing their thing. The traditional rite of handing over the bride to the groom was quite emotional as Annie’s dad was caught on camera shedding tears.
Something struck me after the cutting of the traditional cake. A clip showing Annie and Tuface hand-in-hand, all decked up (White wedding dress and James Bond looking suit) as they were about to enter the sleek ride (Dunno what make). What happened to the “kiss?” I searched for a kiss scene and I didn’t find one (How sad). Didn’t they kiss on their wedding day? The “kiss” is like the most important part of a wedding, I think. Hmmmmn. Maybe they did and didn’t want to show us *shrugs*.
The wedding reception was glamorous as Celebrities in their different shapes and sizes cat walked and strolled into the venue. It was obvious there was plenty to eat as some invitees had settled to item 7 (Refreshment). DJ Jimmy Jatt sure had fun as he toyed with his spinning wheel. Basket mouth, who I believe was the MC, served his jokes to the vibrant audience who laughed in the background when necessary.
What I love most about this video has to be the “2face and Annie Moment” – the couple enjoyed their dance with the three cute little girls who out rightly danced better showing off their girly moves and the immediate public display of affection (I dunno what 2face was doing to Annie while his hands played with her waist).
Rainbow isn’t just a video, it is a story of two lovers from different backgrounds who have been through hell (in 2face’s words) and found heaven in each other. The lyrics of this song, summarizes the prodigality of 2face and his reasons for coming back.
And you say people break up and make up
 Girl you’ve got to understand
 That with you I want to stand forever and ever and ever
You must to know that life is uncertain
As a natural man, that’s why I effed up
Girl, see I don’t know what else to say
Just accept my humble apology
Girl I am down on my knees
Accept my apologies
E no easy
Now I realize, it should be you and I
You and I…
*heavy sigh* Someday, I’ll share my fairy tale story with you too…  And they lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for surfing, please drop your comments.